24 WEEKS | THOUGHTS

September 5, 2014

Hello and yay another pregnancy post!
I just wanted to vomit a few things that have been on my mind lately about this whole being pregnant thing.







I had very high expectations, I guess you could say, about pregnancy.


Many, if not most, experiences I read gushed about how their skin is the clearest it's ever been, and they're positively glowing! Their hair is thick, shiny, luxurious, and growing at the rate of a (wait what grows really fast?). And after the first trimester they feel super energetic and just grand.
Well.
Apparently I'm one of the lucky few that get alllll the opposite pregnancy side effects.
My skin is still riddled with acne, but luckily I've found a new face regimen that helps immensely!
My hair, while it is still falling out, seems to be growing a little, and applying J.R. Watkins Coconut Milk & Honey Body Oil Mist to the ends has cut out the frizz (for the most part!)

BUT!
There are many many things I'm grateful for regarding my pregnancy too!

Despite my overall hideous appearance, Zach has been nothing but loving and sweet to me, even when I am crying over how ugly I feel (ugh so dumb and vain!). He just holds me and tells me I'm beautiful. Men everywhere: take note.
While I am upset that my "morning" sickness is just as severe as it was in the beginning, I am extremely grateful that my little cocktail manages it so well. Some women can't find any relief, even through prescription pills.


I love feeling our daughter move. To me, it's the absolute cutest thing on the planet.
I'm one of those weird people that talks to animals, so you can bet I'm also one of those people that holds conversations with my unborn child.


We talk about what music she wants to listen to (typically the "Afteroon Acoustic" playlist on spotify, but beware, she's been on a Christmas music kick lately, and I used to be a firm believer in no Christmas til after Thanksgiving!), what she wants to eat (almost always a chicken gyro from Ammar's or toast with apricot jam), how she's doing that day, if she wants to work out (she never does. okay maybe that's just me.)
We also talk about what she has against her father because 9 times out of 10 whenever I grab his hand to feel her move she stops immediately.
I guess I'm the lucky one who gets to keep her kicks and stretches all to myself :)


I feel like December can't come soon enough. I'm so excited to meet her, and so ready to hold her in my arms.
Yet I am also terrified, and woefully unprepared for her arrival.
We haven't bought anything for her yet.
I keep telling myself I'm just waiting til after a baby shower so I can then get whatever else I need...
But really I think I'm just a big fat chicken, because once I start buying stuff and putting her nursery together it'll all become too real.
I feel like it'll be a spotlight on my 22 year old self, highlighting all my faults and magnifying them for the world to see and declare, "You're not ready to be a mother!"
With which I most adamently agree.
I mean, I could barely handle compiling my Babies R' Us registry without breaking down because wtf diapers are best and why is everything so expensive?!


But I know I just need to trust in the Lord, trust in my husband, and trust in myself to make everything okay. I'm semi-intelligent, Zach is pretty darn genius, and when our powers combine we always seem to pull through alright.


Oh! I've seen this pregnancy update list thing on a zillion blogs, and figured I'd fill it out!

How far along: 24 weeks!

How big is baby? As long as an ear of corn (almost a foot!) and weighing a little over a pound


Total weight gain: I think 4 pounds? I'm not too sure. I never pay attention at the doctor :/

Maternity clothes: I think I must be carrying my baby low because my jeans do not button comfortably any more! So yes on the pants! I can still fit into all of my shirts, but I have acquired a few maternity shirts as well.
One of the patients from my work gave me a HUGE bag full of maternity clothes, so I'm super excited to wear them :)

Stretch marks: Yes :( a few small ones on my boobs haha those things just ballooned up so fast!

Sleep: Uhm it sucks. Mostly because I just can't get comfortable!

Best moment of this week: Playing a game where we spout different names at baby girl with the idea that if she moves to one of them that's her name! It didn't work. She kept perfectly still the whole time!

Miss anything: Aside from better skin/hair, I think I just miss rare steaks... And not worrying so much about what I eat.

Movement: Yes! Mostly when I'm lying around, and especially late at night/ early morning. But she always stops when someone tries to feel!

Food cravings: Chicken gyros from this yummy mediterannean grill downtown, and chocolate milk

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope! The only time I feel sick is when I don't take my nausea meds

Have you started to show yet: Definitely. Random people have commented on my pregnancy just from looking at me, which doesn't bother me. But then I think, "what if I was just fat?!" People are bold!

Gender: Girl!

Labor signs: Nope!

Belly button in or out: In

Wedding rings on or off: On

Happy or moody most of the time: Happy! Although I've noticed that if something bothers me my reaction is WAY disproportionate.


Looking forward to: Zach's transfer closer to home, fall, and our trip to Idaho in about a month!

Next appointment: September 16th! And then we'll switch to every other week appointments!


Anyway! There's a big long pregnancy rant for ya!
If you have any suggestions of your favorite brand of anything baby-related, or any other tidbits of wisdom, leave them in the comments below! They'd be much appreciated!
Y'all are the best :)

2 comments :

  1. I don't think it is possible for you to ever be ugly! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks Stephanie! You're way too sweet!
      You might take that back if you saw me some mornings ;)

      Delete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |